home about portfolio shop decorating services contact

Monday, March 19, 2012

Dining Room Progress And Your Opinion

There has been much progress with the dining room. I wanted to share a part of it to ask for your opinion. Included in the Saida Ikat stencil packet from Cutting Edge Stencils was a border stencil  - I had mentioned this in an earlier post - which helped me determine placement. It really gives the work a more finished look. I used it starting at the top of the wall and worked my way down to the chair rail.


You will have to excuse the slightly askew pictures. I had to lean at an angle while trying to take the best pictures I could given the state of the dining room with furniture out-of-place, dining table loaded with items from the breakfront and so on.


I have yet to do the areas around the trim. I did this when I was over a week into a crazy virus so I got tired of working around the edges and decided to leave it for another day. As I have two stencils I plan to cut one up and use a smaller piece to finish these areas.




This is where I need your opinion. I am considering - very strongly - leaving just the border above the doorways and window - not pictured - rather than fill in the rest of the missing pattern. What do you think?


After I fill in the missing pieces I will touch up the trim and parts of the stenciling, too.

So, let me know whether you think I should leave just the border above the doorways and window or fill in the entire pattern.


If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.


I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa