Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Almost Ready to Show The Completed Floral Chandelier

I have been working on changing the look of the chandelier in Emily's room since about July. I wrote about the initial stages here and here. I am working on getting better pictures of the floral chandelier which I completed a few weeks ago. It evolved over time with no real plan. Although the original fixture served as the skeleton for what I created, the entire concept took shape as I found some key items at Michaels and subsequently Jo-Ann's which opened a few weeks ago about ten minutes away.


I started with almost lilac-pink-like petals just like these green ones. These helped me create the flowers around the sconces. The green petals were used as leaves to shape the greenery below the flowers and around the metal rods over some wedding tulle I wrapped around to give it a softer, more natural look.

Then I was left with this little dilemma. I did not want to leave any metal exposed.

I found this DecoArt's Americana acrylic paint in an almost exact color to the leaves, Foliage Green, and decided this was the way to go.

Some of the other items I found more recently at Jo-Ann's was this trim - pretty daisies..

...and some Martha Stewart scrapbooking floral stickers similar to these but in white. I forgot to take a picture of the ones I had purchased, for some reason.
image via Jo-Ann's

We are experiencing some grey, rainy days but the weekend should be sunny and I will work on some final daytime pictures (besides the nighttime ones I already have) to share next Monday, the 21st. I shall reveal the entire creation with a tutorial. Do stop by and take a look. Lights on!

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.


I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa
Please