Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Spun Lamp - Lighting with Personality

Have you seen these Spun Lamps? They are the creation of the Evie Group, a Sydney, Australia-based design studio which produces housewares, furniture and  lighting.

They are chic and I am sure you will agree, quite visually stunning.

The design of this unusual light fixture epitomizes simplicity which successfully masks the real complex nature of these pieces.The inspiration for this Spun Lamp stems from the traditional top which it mimics.  It is available in silver or brass mirror finishes, and can be used facing up or down (depending on lighting preferences) with the wiring designed to include the ability to be spun around the base or loose, as shown below.

Hung from the ceiling in multiples to create visual interest at any height.
 Even more versatility as optional outdoor lighting.

Well, what do you think? Aren't these truly amazing and so unique? I could see these in various decor styles. For more information on these and to view other interesting products by the Evie Group visit them at evie.

Today I am linking up my Safari Nursery Design Board to the Roomspiration blog hop and link party at a la mode. Do check it out along with all the other great nursery creations submitted by others.

Roomspiration
If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa

20 comments:

  1. Stunning and unusual, a great find Lisa!
    Love your Safari nursery board too!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so neat! I love them in brass!

    And your safari nursery board is too.cute.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are absolutely stunning!!! I'm especially digging the white/gold combo...so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very chic indeed! I could see them hanging over a kitchen island, but I also really really like them grouped together in three. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa-

    I love lighting almost as much as I love shoes. These are so sleek and adorable at the same time. Truly unique. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous and stylish lighting, Lisa! Love the modern and sleek lines, great find!

    I like your nursery design, too!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That light is FABULOUS!! I love it! Great Find!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are probably some of the coolest lights I have ever seen! Off to see if I can get my hands on some! Thanks for sharing Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great! Just what I've been looking for, I am in desperate need of porch lighting!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. These lamps are gorgeous... you sure have an eye for wonderful products!

    You guessed it right, we are going back to India for a few months but since the return is uncertain, we decided on wrapping it all up for good. This also gives up a chance to start afresh when we come back. Adventurous- like you said :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. gosh.. this is stunning!! Love those lamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whats up! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the good data you could have right here on this post.
    I can be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.


    my site; pop music fairy tales

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya! I simply would like to give an enormous thumbs up
    for the good information you will have right here on this
    post. I will probably be coming again to your blog for more soon.


    Here is my blog post defining public variable in php

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the
    nice info you’ve got right here on this post. I can be coming back
    to your weblog for extra soon.

    Here is my web-site watch dexter showtime on demand

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the great information you’ve here on this post.

    I might be coming back to your weblog for more soon.

    Here is my blog post ... country music artists tour uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! I just want to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice
    info you’ve got here on this post. I shall
    be coming again to your weblog for more soon.


    my page; ultimate power profits system reviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good day! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice info you’ve got here on this post.
    I shall be coming again to your weblog for more
    soon.

    Feel free to visit my blog; china travel agency san francisco

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whats up! I just want to give an enormous thumbs up for the great information you
    have right here on this post. I will likely be coming again to your
    blog for more soon.

    my web site bluetooth shower radio android

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there! I simply would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great
    information you’ve got here on this post.
    I can be coming back to your weblog for extra soon.

    my blog post commercial with robot that grinds and serves coffee

    ReplyDelete