Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Painted Sample Of Stencil

I will share this one picture with you today of the three samples of acrylic metallic paint I bought to test for the stencil for the dining room. Done on posterboard without the ideal paint rollers but it gives one an idea of the colors. I am planning on a dark wall background and these will have a different effect on a dark wall. At first glance, which color grabs you - top left, top right or bottom?. It was not easy getting the perfect picture because naturally the light reflects off these paints.


More details  and close-ups in my next post.

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.



I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa

17 comments:

  1. Ooh I like the one on the bottom, but I bet any of them would be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a toss up between the bottom light one and the dark one... tough choice. All are great...you can't go wrong. Another P.G. Wodehouse fan...yay! I wish I had a Jeeves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to look great! I think I like the look of the bottom color - it looks almost washed out and faded. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stencil and the look of the bottom one grabs me. Looks old world and interesting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough decision! I really like the top left one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the one on the bottom would be beautiful against your dark wall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the camp of the bottom color...this is going to be fabulous Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like so much fun Lisa and if I have a choice it would be the bottom one against the dark wall. I can't wait to see what you do!

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leaning toward the top left...but I'm not sure. They all are really pretty. How dark is your dark wall? What color is it? I have so many questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If your walls are dark, just go with the lightest color (the one at the bottom) so you will see some contrast!

    Can't wait to see the finished project!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the bottom one best at first glance...and I guess if the walls will be dark, then the bottom one would be best anyway!!

    A perfect solution!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure you will make the right decision based on the color in your room and the light it receives. Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the light one and the one on the left. Any would look great though! Beautiful stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cant wait to see what you choose. Looking good1

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the colors. I'm already thinking of projects for colors like those....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hands down - the bottom colour! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Decisions decisions. I am sure whatever you choose will look great. I have done the same thing with paint samples in the master bath. I just have to decide and go get it today.

    ReplyDelete