Friday, January 27, 2012

What Is Your Choice Of Headboard?

Before I get to the main content of today's post I wanted to say a quick thank you to those who left comments on the Skypak airline trolley post yesterday. I received an email from Skypak and they also left this comment;
 
 
Hey guys,
thank you so much for the great feedback! We are really happy you guys like what we are doing! If you have further questions feel free to contact us via crew[at]skypak[dot]de
All the best from Germany
Kay from Skypak

For today, a short post with inspirational pictures of headboards. This morning I am meeting a client for a follow-up on an idea for a headboard (among other things). These pictures clearly prove that one's creativity can be put to the test.


Pinned Image
Distressed wood, vintage time-ticker. Anthropologie

Pinned Image
Not sure of source

Pinned Image
Reclaimed wood from floor joists and metal frame. Sundance via Pinterest


Pinned Image


 
 
Pinned Image

Tal Goldstein asian bedroom

I am a huge proponent of green design and came across Kelly's blog, Refreshed Designs, very recently. A newly discovered blogger to me, Kelly shares invaluable ideas and tips on sustainable and affordable design. Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from her post  Green Idea: Creative DIY Headboards where you will find more inspiration. Head on over and check out the rest.
via Molitli 



This next picture begs the question, "How would you feel about no headboard?"

This weekend I will be tackling my dining room stencil paint samples and other projects and we plan on taking the kids to see the new movie, Hugo. I cannot believe we are in the last weekend of January!
Enjoy your weekend! What are your plans?

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa


20 comments:

  1. Some fun inspiration! Thanks for sharing! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out Liza! Some other great examples of cool headboards here. Have a great weekend of stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool pictures! I like them all except the no headboard. It seems naked to me. Hope the new year has been good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Elle Decor "headboard" is jaw-dropping. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome inspirations.. But Im a rather simply head board person.. I couldnt do so much drama.. ;-) Saying that.. the chalk board one.. sounds like fun for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas Lisa and I'm loving that idea for using the reclaimed wood and metal that I'm showing it to the husband, it's fabulous!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas Lisa, I really am loving the Elle Decor upholstered headboard wall. It's a simple and stunning. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The headboard is not compulsory, the bed looks lovely without it. But if I had to choose, it would definitely be the bookcase, wow! Practical, personal and colorful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great ideas. I would have to choose the Elle Decor headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun is the first image...love that!! Hope you're having a great weekend, Lisa ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excited to see your dining room stenciled...I'm planning on getting to that eventually!!! I'll be watching to see how it goes for you!!! Your blog is SUPER cute! Thanks LOTS for visiting earlier! I'm excited to be your newest follower!!!

    XO, Aimee
    Your New Bloggy Friend

    If you get a free moment,I have a ramsign giveaway going on right now...there's a link on my right sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, nice, nice, nice! I love the mix of headboards you've picked out. That first one is stunning - but would it be comfy to lean on? Hmmmm....

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Inspiring options here for sure! Good luck with your client this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guilty, right here, of not having a headboard! I know, I know it's been way too long - i'm just too indecisive. But it's actually on my to-do list for our bedroom so I'll be knocking it out soon hopefully. I love some of these ideas but I know a DIY is out of the question most likely at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a white tufted headboard, but I'm thinking of dying it red!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the one from Sundance. I am working on having someone make my client a replica of that bed right now. Love all your examples!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think those carved doors are gorgeous! I think they'd be pretty paired with lighter linens for more contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! So many gorgeous headboard inspirations! The first one is so chic and unique. I also love the reclaimed wood and gate headboard.

    Good post, Lisa!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome post, so many good examples, the best for me is Elle Decor headboard.

    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete