A few months ago I purchased a selection of napkins from World Market online (unfortunately no stores in the NY/NJ/CT area, from what I can tell). I love the colors in them (the blue-green combination) as well as the block print-like pattern and the ric-rac trim. I knew I would use them at some point in some capacity.
I wanted to add more throw pillow covers to my ever-growing collection and needed something different in the family room so I decided I to put some Fabric Fusion to work with the napkins. Also, these colors would work perfectly in the room.
I had purchased two different patterns (small and large) in this blue and green combination so I decided to combine one of each to create the cover.
I washed the napkins and did a light (as is apparent) ironing first. Next I determined which way I wanted the patterns to face when the pillow is turned around and where the opening would be. I then placed one napkin over the other (different pattern) as shown below, aligning them as best I could, right sides facing out (as you would if you were going to insert the pillow).
Once dried (after time indicated on bottle), this is what the seam looked like on the whole.
I think it looks pretty good!
Well, as you might have guessed, my work is not done. This is what I shall be working on today - the opening.
Old pillow peeking through
I considered different options and then decided on ties. These were so easy to put together thus far. I shall hopefully be able to share the completed covers with you tomorrow.
I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.