Thursday, November 7, 2013

One Room Challenge: Week 6 - The Reveal

It is finally here - the day I get to reveal my tween daughter's room makeover and share it on the One Room Challenge linking get-together over at Calling It Home. Although I started this room in the spring and did it in various stages there was a lot I had to accomplish in the past 6 weeks. You will get very few words from me in this post but you will get a lot of pictures. Enjoy!

 
If you would like to read the previous posts before continuing on, click on the links below.
 
 
Lights on in some pictures and lights off in others.
 
I am not 100% done. The one thing missing is the nightstand. I am working on refinishing it. In the meantime, I apologize for the exposed wires. I did not attempt to camouflage them.


There was very little sun today when taking these pictures.


 
 
 
 
Some close-ups.
 
 
 




 
 

 
 
 
A few pictures taken in the evening.


 
There was an issue with hanging the curtain rod for the small window. We could not drill holes further away from the window and were only able to a little inside the width of the window frame.
 
The chandelier I made over works well in the new room.

 
No pictures of the desk in the evening as somebody was doing their homework.
 
Before.
  
After.
 
I have shared specific details and resources in previous posts. There may be a few things added since. I will discuss all specifics further in a later post.
 
What is the next challenge? Well, aside from me finishing the nightstand it would be for Emily to keep her room looking like this. I do not expect it on a daily basis but I would settle for regularly.
 
I started working on this room - the first thing was the paint - back in the spring. I have to applaud those who took on their individual projects and accomplished everything within 6 weeks. With all that I have going on I would not have been able to complete this room in that time frame because it is a room in my house. That makes it harder as other things take priority.
 
Thank you, Linda, for hosting and encouraging and supporting. It has truly been fun. 
Now do head on over to Calling It Home and visit the other skilled and talented participants.
 
Join In

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

 
I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.

 

39 comments:

  1. What a fun and colorful room for a girl. Hope it motivates her to keep it straightened up. Love that light- very fun find.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really fun space. I love the elephant pillow. I need one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the space turned out Lisa! The yellow is a perfect accent and the black & white bedding keeps it all fresh. Lots of terrific details too. Na dI feel your pain with trying to impress kids with the importance of keeping their rooms neat…arghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute room with lots of fun touches! I wish I could design more children's spaces....they are so fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa...it came out beautiful. Lucky little girl with a room to grow into...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The light fixture is so fun and pretty. Very cute room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little girl's dream room for sure! That light fixture is my favorite part. And the elephant pillow of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft and serene. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore her room! Especially love the chandelier!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm amazed that you made that chandelier - my daughters would love that in their rooms! Such a fun space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an adorable girl's room. I want to know how you get her to sit at her desk? My daughter won't do that. I love the color combinations. That yellow is the happiest shade. Great room, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO charming, Lisa!! I remember when you started, it's come a long way and couldn't be more fun! I love the color scheme, chandelier and your gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! I think the chandelier is my favorite, and the bedding and pillows are perfect for the space. That beanbag looks super comfy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those yellow curtains and light are tremendous. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely work as always Lisa. I particularly like how you used simple black & white graphic prints to balance the colors and keep everything feeling modern and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a colorful room! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. it looks AMAZING! the colors are not what i would have thought of and they look beautiful together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great room for your daughter, she must be so happy. I love the color palette, soft yet bright. And there is plenty of hang-out space in there too! Great job Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fun and adorable room! I like the color palette and the DIY light fixture! Well done, Lisa.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG Lisa, what a super sweet, simple and stylish little girl room!!! I love all the little details and that chandy is just fabulous! your little lady must be sooo pleased and ready to show off her space! Love it! CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I truly dig this room. The light fixture, bedding and wall color ---all amazing -- what color is that on the walls - its just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great space! I love the wall color and the bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty and sweet -love the fun colors!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such fun colors and they pop so amazingly with the wall color. Great choice! Love the chandelier too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. awesome everything! I want that pom pom pillow on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh Lisa, that chandelier? The color palette? The huge white pouf? How lucky is this girl! Love all your styling, such a cheerful, happy, fun space for your daughter - I hope she is loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did a fabulous job on this room! I especially love the chandelier, paint color, & all the fun touches!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks beautiful! I love the colors!! And I'm off to see how you made the chandelier--very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable! It turned out so fun and charming. I love the gallery wall and color choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a pretty room!! I love your use of color! What a great desk area. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lisa, this is gorgeous!! Love the bedding and the chandelier! Great job lady!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Lisa! I just needed to let you know that I have your little girl's room as one of my ORC faves featured today in my blog! http://buhayatbahay.blogspot.com/2013/11/my-orc-faves.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. So in love with all the color! What a happy space. I love it! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  34. really , it's very useful article for me and i get some of great information i didn't know it, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful! I love the purple and yellow color combo. I bet your daughter is thrilled with her new room.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving the colours and the pops of yellow! A fun, vibrant space! Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful home.Find a roommate in everyone 1 click shows results on map dynamic filtering system room share extensive search criteria new rooms mailed to your inbox route plot for your house visit cnd much more... All for free!

    ReplyDelete