Monday, March 5, 2012

Jewelry Organizer - The Reveal

My jewelry finally has a new, organized home. Everything is easier to see and more accessible.




I have taken different pictures of the entire 5 ft by 2 ft piece, going from left to right, top to bottom. I had it propped up against a wall outside my closet in order to take these pictures. You might see jewelry has moved in some pictures. That is because I played around with the layout.



I need to reinforce the chain that I had hot-glued to the frame - it seems to have come undone a litte (at the top).





Even the jewelry my kids have made for me over the years will have a prominent place (like the multicolored beaded necklace on the right).







It stands up fine against the wall and as the hardware cloth (mesh) was of medium gauge it holds up well. I might consider reinforcing it at the back, but that is down the road. Perhaps with some metal.



It could also be mounted on a wall if I wanted.



Some close-ups of the hardware and jewelry.





I like the look of the gold hardware against the silver mesh.









My larger, chunky rings.











The two pieces on the right are my 'regular" bracelets - they go with a lot of different outfits and are lightweight and therefore perfect for daily wear. I have them more accessible now.




It will now have jazz up my walk-in closet.

How I did it:

It all started with this hardware cloth,

and a couple of garden stakes.



  which were sprayed with this textured shimmer.


The mesh was tied to stakes with twine



using a blanket stitch.



This was, once again, spray painted with the textured shimmer all over and then with a clear top coat.



Then hardware (drapery hooks, shower curtain rings) from True Value


was spray-painted with metallic gold paint.



Cobalt blue flannel fabric (remnants I had at home) was glued around the edge of the frame and then I hot-glued a couple of these inexpensive chains sold by the foot (available at any hardware store) also from True Value


to it.



Finally the hardware was added to the grid

to hold jewelry

Time for the jewelry to go on.





I am thrilled with this piece. One of the best things about this entire process is that I have found pieces of jewelry I forgot I had.

I am linking up to some of these.

Tales of a Trophy Wife
The DIY Show Off
UndertheTableandDreaming
HookingupwithHoHTidyMomall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {2/28}
Funky Junk Interiors
Visit thecsiproject.comWeekend Bloggy Reading
Saved by Suzy
summershoots

Too Much Time On My Hands

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.


I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.

Lisa

25 comments:

  1. it looks great! i love the chains going across- that was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa! I didn't realize the size, I love that it can hold everything! Such a creative idea! Pretty jewels, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect Lisa, it holds an incredible amount of jewelry and will serve you well! A very clever and good looking solution, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out so perfect! I'm so glad you referenced what you used as the hooks because I was wondering what was holding those pretty rings and necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! great job. That's what I need, something to display all my jewelry so I'll wear it more often. Thanks for the step-by-step!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea Lisa and it came out really well. Great DYI project and you my friend have a lot of braclets...lol. They look wonderful hanging.

    Enjoy your day!
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great, I like the mix of metals with the chain and the wire. You scored with this one Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you have a place for all your dangly earrings and even your rings! I have a jewelry board as well and isn't it great to be able to see everything when you're getting dressed? I find myself wearing items I've had for years and forgot about. Plus it's like a piece of art in your room! So pretty and functional too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lisa amazing DIY project! The end result is spectacular and super useful! Thanks for sharing this~ it's a great idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been trying to come up with a way to display my bracelets for easy access - never thought to use a chain - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa - First, you have so many great pieces of jewelry...how awesome to have them all displayed now! And second, GREAT job on the piece, what an awesome addition to your room. So crafty!!
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
  12. so organized!!! you have beautiful jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So nice! If I had so much organizing space for jewelry - and such a beautiful solution - I would then spend all my money on jewelry to add to it. :) Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's HUGE! Wow, I did not think it would be that big. Fantastic. I have a feeling you are going to fill it. I love the idea of hanging the earrings into the chain. I will steal that idea. This was so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool. Glad to see I am not the only one with a lot of jewelry. I would love for you to share at the Bacon Time Anything Goes fri-monday linky too. This would be a great display for those craft shows.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic idea!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hooray! It's done and it looks wonderful! You have very beautiful jewellery too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great idea! I love that you can actually see all the pieces clearly, normally I make a mess just looking for things, great jewelry collection BTW ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lisa! I love it! What a great way to see your jewelry! I need to do one of these for my jewelry! Good job!!! Have a great week!

    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a clever way to organize all your pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you very much Lisa:) And I follow your lovely blog now to:) Great BLING there:)

    LOVE Maria

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lisa,

    This is awesome! It looks great and organized. You have beautiful jewelry.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a great idea Lisa and thanx for the tutorial! Glad to have ya partying at my place!:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great idea, I need one for me and one for my daughters:) I'm a new follower and would love to have you stop by my brand new blog and follow me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great idea and your jewelry is amazing!! Thank you for linking up at Every Creative Endeavor!

    ReplyDelete