Monday, March 12, 2012

Etsy Artwork Mood Board

It has been a while since I did one of these mood boards to link up. I am joining the Etsy Artwork Mood Board party at Pewter+Sage today. One had a choice of three very different works of art to use as inspiration for a mood board.

I chose the abstract painting, Live Colorfully by Him & Her Abstract Art. They are a husband and wife team - she is an interior decorator who picks the color scheme and he is the artist who creates beautiful pieces.

Live Colorfully 16 x 20 abstract art
Here is my contribution. A chic, modern and eclectic waiting area in a salon. The title of the artwork convinced me that these colors had to be prominent but in a fun way but not competitive.


I used all the bold stunning colors in the palette (why not!) and thought they would look brilliant against a deep gray wall. These colors were used in a pattern in the artwork but I chose them as solids elsewhere so as not to compete with it. The orange in the largest piece, the  mustard, fuchsia and green in smaller items (pillows and chair).

I brought in a silver console because I like to play silver and gold against each other in a space. The gold is in the mirror, end table and the Buddha statue. And last but certainly not least is the dramatic black-and-white zigzag rug which adds a large necessary pattern but does not take away from anything else in the room. The black and white (rug and lamp) along with the grey walls balance the vibrant color used in everything else.

The artwork is definitely the star of this board.

Resources:
1. Art - Him & Her Abstract Art
2. Buddha - Z Gallerie
3. Console - Z Gallerie
4. Floor Lamp - Lamps Plus
5. Mirror - Wisteria
6. Sofa - Anthropologie
7. Pillows - Graham & Green
8. End Table - Horchow
9. Chair - Crate & Barrel
10. Rug - West Elm

Tell me what you think of this board and then head on over to Pewter+Sage to visit the other participants.

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.



I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa

20 comments:

  1. This looks great Lisa - I love that orange sofa!That side table is gorgeous too. It is funny seeing how different everyone's boards turn out, although I can definately see some common inspirations in ours; both are a bit glamorous and a bit bold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, I am hosting a giveaway to celebrate my blog's third birthday :-) I would love for you to stop by. Hugs Anu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sofa Lisa! Your room is lively and fun and you did a great job of creating an edgy, yet sophisticated space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa it all looks so wonderful and I'm so glad to see color coming back into rooms. That sofa you choose is stunning. Shame its not a real room because I would love to see the finished results.

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful vibrant space, Lisa! I love your mix of modern with the traditional sofa!
    And the gold and siver paired together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa what a fabulous space! You made those bold colors work in such an effortless way to create such a hip, yet classy waiting area. I love the floor lamp you chose and the little pop of green in the Crate & Barrel chair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, this is gorgeous! So cool that you decided to do a waiting area (I would totally get my hair cut here)!! I'm glad so many people are going for the colorful, modern abstract piece. That sofa is to-die-for!! I really like the mirror and the end table. And that black and white chevron rug is the perfect way to ground the space. This is a very hip, elegant room!! Thanks so much for participating:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! You have a touch of so many of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color combinations! Great room design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful space! I LOVE, love, love the sofa you chose. And, that mirror ... the whole thing is just pulled together so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice of art and great board! So many bold colors but they all work well together. I like how you added pattern with the rug, and a round shape with the mirror and side table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your combination of things against the grey color. It seems that the artwork was your jumping off point for the room. That's a good strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to start going to a better salon if this is what waiting areas actually look like! ... vibrant but not over the top, classy and hip at the same time, good energy, and I can see a 20-something and a 60-something each relating to enough elements in the space that they are both at ease, relaxed and comfortable while waiting. Really nice. I didn't know about Mood Board parties so I'll have to check that out too!

    Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bright colors and your inspiration artwork, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful moodboard...love the sidetable from Horchow and the rug...fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great space, all tied together by the colors of the artwork. The sofa and end table are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome room. I'm loving every little detail in your mood board. Especially that sofa! It has such a great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Lisa, I love your board - so colourful and funky! I want that mirror from Wisteria for my daughter's room!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors in that painting and you really made it the star of the room! Thank you for stopping by The Buzz today and we hope you'll visit again.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is so beautiful! The colors and patters are amazing.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete