home about portfolio shop decorating services contact

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Update on My Daughter's Room Redecorating: One Room Challenge



I am linking up to the One Room Challenge on Calling It Home.


 
It has been a while since I participated in one of these events and this was an opportunity to share any progress I have made with my tween daughter, Emily's room.

 
This was the design board I had shared with you a while ago for a proposed redecorating over the spring and summer. This would involve changing the wall color but using the existing furniture, bedding, some of the artwork, part of the wall decal and of course, the floral chandelier was staying. A new floor plan was in order.
 
Source List:
1. Scroll Tree Wall Stickers - Wall Sticker Outlet
2. Bed by Young America - local furniture store
3. Dresser and mirror - the same store above
4. Table lamp - PB teen
5. Kids' artwork inspired by Maria Carluccio - made by my kids
6. Curtains - west elm
7. Bed linen - PB teen
8. Paper table lamp - PB teen
9. Jenny Lind night stand - Land of Nod
10. Desk and hutch - local store
11. Blue Bayou - Benjamin Moore
12. Shag carpet tile - Flor
13. Bean bag - Pier 1
14. Bungee Office chair - The Container Store
 (Please note - Some of the items listed above are no longer available).
 
At that time, the exact wall color had not been decided on but we were looking at something in the lilac-mauve family. Emily's choice.
 
This was the color.



 
Hazy Lilac by Benjamin Moore

 
The painting was completed. This is a glimpse of the room I had last shared with you.
 
 
 
After this I got busier.
Since then the design has changed a little and we have readdressed the floor plan to give her what works best for her. My daughter is growing up faster than I am able to complete the room.
 
An updated design board.
 

 
 
What has changed?
Details will be shared in the next posts I link up to the One Room Challenge event on Calling It Home. These will be every Thursday for the next 6 weeks. I plan to share the progress with you each week. There are so many amazing projects being shared at this event
 
Thank you, Linda, for bringing my attention to this challenge and giving me the opportunity
to share this transformation.
 

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

 

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.