Thursday, October 3, 2013

Update on My Daughter's Room Redecorating: One Room Challenge



I am linking up to the One Room Challenge on Calling It Home.


 
It has been a while since I participated in one of these events and this was an opportunity to share any progress I have made with my tween daughter, Emily's room.

 
This was the design board I had shared with you a while ago for a proposed redecorating over the spring and summer. This would involve changing the wall color but using the existing furniture, bedding, some of the artwork, part of the wall decal and of course, the floral chandelier was staying. A new floor plan was in order.
 
Source List:
1. Scroll Tree Wall Stickers - Wall Sticker Outlet
2. Bed by Young America - local furniture store
3. Dresser and mirror - the same store above
4. Table lamp - PB teen
5. Kids' artwork inspired by Maria Carluccio - made by my kids
6. Curtains - west elm
7. Bed linen - PB teen
8. Paper table lamp - PB teen
9. Jenny Lind night stand - Land of Nod
10. Desk and hutch - local store
11. Blue Bayou - Benjamin Moore
12. Shag carpet tile - Flor
13. Bean bag - Pier 1
14. Bungee Office chair - The Container Store
 (Please note - Some of the items listed above are no longer available).
 
At that time, the exact wall color had not been decided on but we were looking at something in the lilac-mauve family. Emily's choice.
 
This was the color.



 
Hazy Lilac by Benjamin Moore

 
The painting was completed. This is a glimpse of the room I had last shared with you.
 
 
 
After this I got busier.
Since then the design has changed a little and we have readdressed the floor plan to give her what works best for her. My daughter is growing up faster than I am able to complete the room.
 
An updated design board.
 

 
 
What has changed?
Details will be shared in the next posts I link up to the One Room Challenge event on Calling It Home. These will be every Thursday for the next 6 weeks. I plan to share the progress with you each week. There are so many amazing projects being shared at this event
 
Thank you, Linda, for bringing my attention to this challenge and giving me the opportunity
to share this transformation.
 

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

 

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
 

 
 

22 comments:

  1. Look forward to following along!! I'll be joining the link up too...should be crazy, but fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm joining in too! Your daughter is one lucky girl. And I love the idea of lilac walls, so fem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun plan! I bet your daughter loves all that purple on the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I love the freshened plan. The teens of today are living well. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paint color. Can't wait to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun you're linking up Lisa ~ can't wait to see it come together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great start, I love the wall color you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful chandelier! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that chandelier, so fun! I'm linking up too with my 12 year olds space. Looking forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the updated mood board, can't wait to see it fulfilled! That chandy is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty wall color, Lisa! Look forward to seeing where you go with this room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the light fixture! Can't wait to see the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that light! can't wait to see how this transforms! new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know exactly what you mean about your daughter growing up faster than you can complete the room - my youngest is in need of a room makeover but her style is constantly changing and as soon as I think we have a plan, it changes. It looks like you got a great start to your room - looking forward to seeing where things go from here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love purple and I really love the purple color y'all chose for the room. So pretty. I'm going to remember that in case my girls grow up and want a purple room of their own someday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous girly room that will be! The chandelier is just amazing! Can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love that color and look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lisa, we 'challenged' with Linda together before and nice to have you back! Love the wall color and that fun chandelier. Good luck on your project and gettin' it done!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. The wall color goes really well with the chandelier. Looking forward to see more!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a LOVELY post:) your blog Is SO inspiring and Im now following on pinterest..I hope you follow me back.

    Check out my blog today…divine royal bedroom inspiration:)

    Have a great week dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
    Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
    More here click here

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing this interesting and informative article, painting with airless spray gun will be faster and more interesting!

    ReplyDelete