Monday, October 31, 2011

Light Up In Style

In anticipation of the snow on Saturday (and potential power outages) I took stock of my supply of candles and flashlights - did we require replenishments, batteries, and so on. Last year I bought a bunch of flashlights from L.L.Bean for members of my family living in the tri-state area. I picked up the solar-powered/crank-up ones as well as battery-operated ones. The kids, too, each have one by their bedside in case of emergency. Home Depot also sells mini flashlights in packs of 10 which we use while trick-or-treating with the littler kids in the family. They love feeling responsible for keeping their paths lit and it keeps them safe while they have fun. This also had me looking at my candleholders. On Friday I received the latest west elm catalog which  I instantly warmed to. Here is why.



To take a further look at these and others available go here. I am certainly not surprised to see the mercury glass ones or the fun, chalkboard votives. I love the look of the Manzanita Candelabra which looks like branches in the winter but really could be used throughout the year as suggested, and could be considered as a modern menorah. Each piece is different - festive, stylish, colorful or whimsical. In all honesty I could see each one of these in my own home.

Are you drawn to any particular votive or candleholder?

Please Note: I have not been compensated in any way by this company. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely mine and are based on my experience with the company and someimes on the purchase of products.

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa

17 comments:

  1. i love that silver branch! it would look awesome on a mantle or dining table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you end up having to use all of your flashlight power? That was quite the storm....
    LOVE West Elm accessories!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really liking all the mercury glass that is available everywhere these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pierced white candleholders in the first picture. How is everything in your area? Snowed in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the silver branch. It would look good in so many places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the staggered candlesticks with the nice bottle of wine and pear sitting next to them. I'm itching to get down to check out West Elm and the new goods. Great idea having the flashlights so handy. We have them on each floor but probably would have a hard time finding them in a jiffy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like all of these, but i think my favorite has to be the first one! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow on Saturday! Gosh, winter really did sneak up! I love all of these choices but I have a bit of a thing for mercury glass so they are my favourites! P.S gave you a shout-out on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all! Candles are on my list of "needs" at the moment. One cannot have too many going into the holiday months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love candles this time of year!

    xoxo navy & orange

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been crushing on WE myself lately, they have really stepped it up for the winter season and I am actually a little afraid to go in to their store because I'm scared I'm not going to be able to contain myself! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  12. silver branch looks awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just visited West Elm three days ago and I must say they often have some of the most stylish and affordable home accessories! The first one and the silver branch are my favorites!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the big bowl candle better then what we were using. Made me laugh at my candle supply since I purchased a few cases (yes, we need cases up here) last year on a big sale....would you believe black and orange candlesticks? It looked like Halloween in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those silver candlesticks. An interesting twist on a somewhat ordinary object.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There was drool everywhere when I finished looking at that catalog. Why do they put so much awesomeness in such few pages?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love candlelight and light candles at dusk every evening...West Elm has some great choices...The votives in all different colors sort of remind me of Glassybaby...which is my favorite because of the story behind them.

    ReplyDelete