Monday, August 8, 2011

Room by Room Entries & Foyers Party by Cottage and Vine

This was my first post about my entryway back in May of this year.
 
I live in a 1939 side-hall colonial which originally had white siding and a white door. I decided to change the color of the outside to a pale yellow and for a soft but noticeable contrast, this blue door. The color of the door is somewhere between Marlboro Blue and Blue Hydrangea by Benjamin Moore

The Entryway
I love the effect of the blue against the yellow walls. The walls are American Cheese by Benjamin Moore, where it is described as a "happy yellow-orange". This side of the house gets less sunlight and this shade of yellow lights up the foyer during the day.


Ignore the runner going up the stairs - 10 years old, faded and well-worn it needs to be replaced. The bench is one of my favorite finds. The tiles drew me to it.


This mirror is one of my first consignment store purchases. I loved the unusual shape and this space needed a mirror and some curves!


Cactus from the local Trader Joe's where I shop often.




Another favorite, really good purchase from a trip to India - this multiple votive holder.





                                                       
I received flowers in this stunning royal blue vase from a dinner guest many years ago. It's a sizeable piece.



Well, I hope you have enjoyed this post. Over time, I shall elaborate on how this space fell into place and continues to evolve...stay tuned.

Today, I have linked up my entryway post to Room by Room hosted by Rene of Cottage & Vine. Click on the button below to join in the fun and/or to visit others who are participating!

http://cottageandvine.blogspot.com/
 
 
I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa

27 comments:

  1. Love your bench. I kind of have a weakness for benches. I just wish I had more places to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that mirror!..a lot!! Your entry is so bright and cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that bench is beautiful! Love the American Cheese paint color too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yellow and blue as well as your pretty bench.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors! From the blue door to the yellow wall, it's perfectly inviting!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the colour of your front door - so pretty! I'm looking for a bench to put in my entry too, they seem very tricky to find here though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blue door is really lovely. Your entry is so bright and charming, even it is on the darker side of the house. My whole house is on the dark side so I can definitely relate to finding light any way you can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and very inviting! I love the bench and the mirror was a great find!

    Thanks for reminding me I wanted to link up to that too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your are so lucky to have room for a pretty bench in your entry! What a pretty place to sit down and tie shoes, etc.

    Thank you so much for joining the party Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful space! I really love that the colour of the walls is called American Cheese! And that bench is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tiles in that great bench. What a bright and cheerful entry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me with the yellow walls. I love color and apparently you aren't afraid of it either. So cheerful and inviting and the bench is magnificent.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those walls are so bright and inviting...it's always fun to have an entry that makes an impact! I'm diggin' the bench as well, such cool detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just wanted to let you know I am having a giveaway on my blog, it is a pearl $168 necklace by Pomegranate. Please check it out.

    http://lea-oh-lea.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. that bench is gorgeous! i am currently looking for entryway inspiration so thanks so much for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore that bench and the way the tiles are brought out by the yellow walls :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your color, it's great for the foyer. The bench is wonderful. Congratulations. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful foyer! I love the detail of your door, I'm sure its beautiful painted blue!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lisa, your entryway is absolutely stunning! Very inviting too! I LOVED your bench..what a gorgeous piece! Where did you get it from, would love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Blue and yellow is such a fun color combo and your bench really pulls it together! Very inviting and fun!

    Cathy @ Room Rx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your entryway is so inviting! I love your beautiful door, your bench and that votive holder! Your bench is so gorgeous, love those tile details and it goes perfectly with the votive holder.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the Cheesy Yellow walls. The mirror looks beautiful. Great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your color combo - the blue door and yellow entry - stunning!! I see a lot of your worldly style in your entryway - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your entry! The yellow walls are so fun and inviting. I love even more that you live in a historic home- preserving our built environment for future generations is so important! Thanks for visiting and following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the little succulent...they are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your gorgeous bench! your entry is so inviting. i have yellow walls in my home too. yellow is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the bench! The votive holder is a great find.

    ReplyDelete