Monday, July 25, 2011

Beach meets Global in South Carolina

We recently spent a week in beautiful, sunny Kiawah Island, SC, a favorite vacation spot. We usually rent a home not far from the beach. As one would expect, these houses are usually decorated in a typical beach style making guests feel right at home and relaxed.

Browsing through a recent edition of Architectural Digest I came across this private home in Folly Beach, SC. The style of the decor I find appealing. Not only does it reflect the environment, creating a home to relax in, but it does so with a global appeal which I love. It's a different approach to a beach theme. A place where old meets new, antique meets contemporary, different styles and colors are blended harmoniously.













All pics via Architectural Digest photos Pieter Estersohn

Who wouldn't want to spend a summer vacation in such a home! Does this style appeal to you?

Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Hi and thanks for stopping by! I have only been to Kiawah Island once when I was barely a teenager, but my sister who lives in VA goes often and raves about it..have to get there! Love the house you showed above...just fabulous, so elegant but casual and refined. I could be very happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sopping by on the blog hop...lovely layouts!
    http://mamawolfe-living.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pictures. The bed room with black and white stuff is my favorite. Pinning it on Pinterest. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I would love to vacation in a house like that. Goodness, I would love to live in a house like that all the time, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I absolutely love these interior photos. So many great ideas to decorate! I'm following back and thank you for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this home a little while ago and I think I saved every picture. It's a gorgeous home, which definately feels like a beach house, but not a generic one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too was enamored when I spotted that home, so simple and livable, yet such great design.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...beautifullll dream house!
    Thank you so much for sharing those amazing pictures.
    Love your blog.

    xoxo,
    Sima

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with this house. It's so beautiful and charming. I also featured this home not too long ago. :) Great minds think alike?

    Don't forget to enter my new giveaway for a chance to win a piece of fabulous jewelry of your choice. :)

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete