Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Living In Color - House Sneak Peek

Today, I have linked up to the True Colors Linky Party at the handmade home! Come join in the fun!

The Handmade Home


My personal style is very eclectic. I have lived in a few different countries and I like to travel. This has contributed to and influenced my personal spaces. I love combining modern pieces with timeless treasures; something purchased last week with another gifted many years ago or something created yesterday. And I am constantly changing things around.

Here is a sneak peek at some color within my home. I am naturally drawn to shades of blue and green. Sometimes these colors were a conscious choice and other times, not. I have here a mini collage with a sneak peek at some spaces.



List:
1. A chest bought while on a trip to India.
2. Artwork purchased at a kid's school fundraiser about 8 years ago/Harrisburg Green (Benjamin Moore) walls.
3. Dried flowers on the formal dining table.
4. Front door.
5. Indian block print cushion cover.
6. Multicolored butterfly strand (gift to kids) from Etsy (made in Germany)/Blue Bayou by Benjamin Moore on walls.
7. A Home Goods favorite purchase - vase with relief pattern.
8. Tiled bench from Target/cactus from local Trader Joe's/cobalt vase gifted with flowers from a dinner guest.
9. Green silk framed artwork from Brazil.

So there you have it...my life in color! In time, more will be revealed. Does any of it appeal to you?

Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa




17 comments:

  1. I love cultures' role in your home... it makes it very personal and appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your pieces from your home! Clever collage idea! Sweet little sneak peeks! awesome. thanks for playing today! ;) your blog rocks, btw. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much all of it appeals to me! Great photography, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful door! I love your chest and block print pillow from India. I've been to India, but unfortunately got sick while I was there and did not get to do any shopping! Hoping to go back in a couple of years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such an awesome collection. I like the 'mix and match' theme for decoration. It brings so much of life in a room.
    How did you manage to get that chest from India? The weight limitation with airlines kills all hopes of buying stuff **sigh**

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa
    I had to pay a visit after you did the same. Love your blog and decorating style-especially adding in pieces from your travels. It makes a home so personal, I like to do the same.
    Keep in touch
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! What a pretty color for your front door! I bet it makes you happy to see it every time you come home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can definitely see your worldly style coming out on your photo board - it's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stoppin' in @ southerngirlsecrets.com! I love the bold colors you use in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of building the decor of a space up over time. How neat that you were able to collect such unique items from your travels!

    I'm a fellow lover of all things eclectic - you've woven everything together so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too tend to use bold, more saturated color in my home, reds, greens and golds. The challenge always seems to be keeping it current and not dated looking, especially when today's colors are so different. A collected look like what you have seems to be the answer.
    That's a fun linky party...just went over and linked up myself!!!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your collection, thanks for sharing. I'm glad I found your blog. Reading about you makes me think that your style is much like mine. I'm from India and I love a global feel to a home.

    Loved the chest...would like to see more pictures of it.

    I'm also your follower now. Do visit my blog when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your color choices!....especially that front dooor!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So interesting! I got the opportunity to visit India while I was in college and it was one of the most impacting times of my life. I wish I had more decor in my home to remind me of that trip. Loving the blue/green paint colors! Can't wait to read more of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love 2,6,7,8,9!! A colorful home is a happy home ain't it :)

    ReplyDelete