Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A reading nook, a growing library

The kids love to read. They own a collection of great books which continues to grow in this age of technology with the increasing use of eReaders like Kindle. Nothing comes close to the look and feel of a real book.


 
 
 This is my teenage daughter's reading nook. Although she has a Kindle and uses it on trips, she loves her books.
 
 


She has received many as gifts over the years. We love hardcover books. Stuck in the corner are some books that were projects in elementary school. Definitely holding on to those.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 A growing collection of classics, a gift from my parents, her grandparents.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This print I had ordered especially for her; one of her birthday gifts last year. It should be hung.
 
 
 
 Or perhaps it might be left propped up on the bench.
 
 
 
More details about the space and the items in it in my next post later this week.
 
Linking to Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
 

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

 
I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.

13 comments:

  1. such a nice and cozy corner! love it, lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that books are important in your kids' lives. Such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would have been a dream-come-true nook for me as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your daughter's cozy nook and all of the great ways you have displayed her growing book collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing quite like cultivating a love for reading. Yes, the new technology is wonderful, but it's so much better to hold that book and flip those pages...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree! There is just something about a hardcover book and all the dog eared pages! This little nook looks like the perfect place to get lost in some pages! ;) Jesse @ Scout & Nimble

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cozy little spot. I would have loved to have a dedicated reading nook in my room when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used those floating shelves to store books on. Her reading nook is very nice. I agree that books can't be replaced by electronic versions. I still like to "turn the pages" of a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter has an awesome collection. I see some of my favorite books there too. Good to see that the choice of today's generation has not changed much. They still go the 'Classics' way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea....her room is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww love her collection, love those stacked bookshelves on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute space and I love how you hung the books.

    ReplyDelete