Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Books As Decorative Accessories


I love books and am a huge fan of using them in pulling a room together. There are numerous ways to incorporate them and many reasons for doing so. They are a quick fix to add that much-needed pop of color, height for a vignette as well as to lend a layered look to a space. And it is always great when they are more accessible to read.

COBALT BLUE AND YELLOW ECLECTIC SITTING ROOM




Enhancing an already casual room while stacked on the floor.




 
Sumptuous setting


This room uses books as layers of artwork across the walls and is also obviously a library of sorts.





807_26_rect640

via Elle Decor Photo Pieter Estersohn




photo Timothy Kolk

Are you a fan? Do you or would you use books in your decor?


On another note, I have been busy with extended family visiting from Canada and Australia. We did a road trip over a few days to Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington D.C. It was fun and hectic at the same time. Scorching temperatures exhausted us while we walked through the cities and took in many museums and historical landmarks but it was enjoyable, nevertheless. This trip was the first of its kind for us.
I did take along my laptop with the intention of posting as well as visiting blogs but internet connection was frustrating in the hotels we stayed at so unfortunately I was unable to accomplish anything. I have some catching up to do.

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.


I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.


17 comments:

  1. Oh.. what lovely spaces.. and fab usage of books.. Good idea.. I'll start displaying some as well.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I need more books! I love all of these images. Books really do make the room feel warmer. Glad you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Lisa! Glad you had a great trip! Sorry about the dang DC heat- it is horrible. Another hot week here again, in the 100's. These rooms styled with books are great examples of a wonderful addition to a room.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am with you! i love books as decoration- they help a place feel much more worldly and lived in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books are definitely a go to item when styling someone's house. Does it mean I'm a little uneducated if I have to go to Goodwill to buy books for my own house? ha! Glad you had fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading but I am not much of a buyer... I'd rather go to a library than a book store but pictures like these make me think again. My favorites are the antique ones when it comes to interiors. Love the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talking about high temperatures... we are almost roasted here in India :'(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree more, Lisa! You have a knack for finding the best inspiration photos. Glad you're enjoying summer with your family, despite the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, I love using books in my home. Now that so much print is going online I wonder if books will become collector items.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your inspiration images. I feel like books just make a space real and interesting…..adore them stacked all the way from the floor for a side table.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think books are just about the best accessories ever! I've enjoyed collecting some new ones at thrift stores lately. Thanks for all of the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I happen to have hundreds and books and not a lot of space to store them so I love to use them as accessories - particularly on my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have stacks of books all over the place so I loved reading this post.I just placed a stack on a small bench under a mirror with a fragment on top and it's the perfect vignette. To hot to be running around outside but glad you had fun with your family.

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love books as accessories Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A timely post for me to read and very inspiring with ideas for using books in newer ways other than simply looking like a shelf of books at the public library. I have built-in bookcases flanking my fireplace and since we moved back home I've avoided using them as bookcases because we had zero books due to the smoke damage from the fire. I tried everything in the bookcases except books and it did. not. work. So I'm acquiring books and slowly honoring the bookcases as intended ... very sparse looking now but over time ... So these ideas are very helpful. Thanks Lisa :) Robin, happilyhomeafter

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a fan of using books as decor. I think they make a home look lived in and well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great post of books as decoration. If you ask me which one is my favorite, I will go with the Eclectic Family Room that makes me feel like I have my own library in the house. It would be super nice if I can make it happen this year. Thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete