Friday, June 8, 2012

On The Coffee Table, New Blog Design & Anniversary

I am enjoying the daisy poms I purchased for last weekend's event; mostly for the dining table. I had 9 jars of them and if you recall, I did not fill them up entirely. I like them looking less arranged. These flowers bloom perfectly for a good 2 weeks. 

I have moved a couple of jars to the living room coffee table with my Manzanita candelabra from west elm. I have placed the jars between the branches.




I am playing around with the other items on the table to add some turquoise and teal colors. A work in progress.




It is certainly a more organic look than what I had before.




I am working on the styling of the table while I enjoy my flowers. I removed the rug that grounded this space. It is now in the master bedroom where it looks amazing. I am contemplating rug options for this space.



Here are more flowers on the end table by the sofa. I love how the sun catches them.




About my new blog design. I wanted a clean design with color and I did not want a design that would compete with pictures in my posts.

I had been a follower of The Mustard Ceiling blog from my early days of blogging (last summer). Some months ago I saw Elizabeth's impressive new designs of various other blogs and asked her to redesign mine.

On my search for ideas I came across this fun grey/natural and fuchsia pattern selection from Tracy Ann Digital Art on Etsy. I love the look of texture and this background has it. The pops of color modernizes it.

Thank you so much to Elizabeth for creating this in a timely and most efficient manner. She has done a great job! If you are considering any such design work do stop by Elizabeth's site and take a look at her portfolio. It speaks for itself.

A couple of weeks ago was one year since I first started blogging. And although I do not post every day it has become part of my routine, for the most part. I am always thinking about post ideas and taking a lot more photographs than I used to and I do also have to say I have made some truly wonderful blogging friends. I would love to meet you all!

Thank you for those who have been following my blog and are regular visitors!




Enjoy your weekend!


If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.


I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.

20 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, happy new blog design...and great coffee table! I had no idea those flowers lasted 2 weeks...great! Your blog feels so fresh and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are beautiful, I need to pick up some myself! Your redesign is lovely and I love Elizabeth's work. Happy year anniversary, I'm glad that we're bloggy friends! Looking forward to much more inspiration from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making it to a year is a big accomplishment, congrats! Elizabeth did a great job on your new design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, Lisa! I think I mentioned before how much I like your new look and colors, so fresh! You're such a support and inspiration to many of us in the blogosphere, it's great to have you in our community! Love the cool global look of your coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Love the new look and told Elizabeth too! Also digging that coffee table!!! Great pics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogiversary, Lisa! Your new blog design looks great - perfect way to celebrate your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on blogging for a year! We are almost there. I am also loving your coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversary! Love the new look, Elizabeth does such a great job! The coffee table looks lovely, the flowers add a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogiversary and great new site. Elizabeth did a great job.
    I also love daisies, they last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your coffee table decor looks great. Isn't if fun to re-do things? Speaking of re-doing things, I love your new blog header too! I like the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new blog design, so pretty, and you're right, it lets the pics in the post shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a nice weekend Lisa. Your coffee table decor looks great, very organic. Thank you for the shout out today, I enjoyed working with you on your design and congratulations on your bloggiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking different. A coffee table, also called a cocktail table, is a style of long, low table which is designed to be placed in front of a sofa.personalised gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really good at make up yours room and the flowers really amazing, when you check the Women's leather tote handbags at http://www.cwmalls.com you'll fall in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it amazing that you've been doing this creative outlet called blogging for over a year? It's really something else and continues to amaze me. Congrats to you Lisa and all of the hard work and support you put out there. Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chrysanthemum used to be my favorite flowers and the Ladies black leather Platform Shoes on http://www.cwmalls.com always be my favorite shoes, that's really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I really appreciate your blog. Great!!!!!!!!!!design tables

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary and i will wish for your marriage life.i think people should make their anniversary best and loveable with some amazing gifts.Looking forward to much more inspiration from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I appreciate the blog written by you with the white flowers placed over table.Personalized Photo Gifts

    ReplyDelete