home about portfolio shop decorating services contact

Friday, June 8, 2012

On The Coffee Table, New Blog Design & Anniversary

I am enjoying the daisy poms I purchased for last weekend's event; mostly for the dining table. I had 9 jars of them and if you recall, I did not fill them up entirely. I like them looking less arranged. These flowers bloom perfectly for a good 2 weeks. 

I have moved a couple of jars to the living room coffee table with my Manzanita candelabra from west elm. I have placed the jars between the branches.




I am playing around with the other items on the table to add some turquoise and teal colors. A work in progress.




It is certainly a more organic look than what I had before.




I am working on the styling of the table while I enjoy my flowers. I removed the rug that grounded this space. It is now in the master bedroom where it looks amazing. I am contemplating rug options for this space.



Here are more flowers on the end table by the sofa. I love how the sun catches them.




About my new blog design. I wanted a clean design with color and I did not want a design that would compete with pictures in my posts.

I had been a follower of The Mustard Ceiling blog from my early days of blogging (last summer). Some months ago I saw Elizabeth's impressive new designs of various other blogs and asked her to redesign mine.

On my search for ideas I came across this fun grey/natural and fuchsia pattern selection from Tracy Ann Digital Art on Etsy. I love the look of texture and this background has it. The pops of color modernizes it.

Thank you so much to Elizabeth for creating this in a timely and most efficient manner. She has done a great job! If you are considering any such design work do stop by Elizabeth's site and take a look at her portfolio. It speaks for itself.

A couple of weeks ago was one year since I first started blogging. And although I do not post every day it has become part of my routine, for the most part. I am always thinking about post ideas and taking a lot more photographs than I used to and I do also have to say I have made some truly wonderful blogging friends. I would love to meet you all!

Thank you for those who have been following my blog and are regular visitors!




Enjoy your weekend!


If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.


I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.