Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oversized Artwork - Are You A Fan?

Are you a fan of oversized artwork? Sometimes these could be larger than the furniture in a space or in some cases take up almost an entire wall.

The following are great examples of how such pieces can work whether on an entire wall, above a mantle, to the side of a mantle, centered on a wall or not, or anywhere one might choose to place one.

And these could work in any style of decor, too.

 




via House & Home photo Francois Halard


 


Retro modern-style living room





 




 I am definitely a fan. The artwork can be the main focus in a space, can add much-needed color, be thought-provoking, set a mood or can enhance the furniture already in place.

If you have been following my blog for a while you will already know that I do not abide by any rules when it comes to decorating. Any space should reflect one's lifestyle and one's personality and, at the end of the day, make one happy. Therefore, there should be no rules in terms of size of artwork if it is what one wants.

What do you think? Is this something you would consider in your own home if you have not already?

On a side note: It has been four days since my last post as I have been busy - my kids have been on Spring break all this time and for the rest of the week but I will be back on Thursday with the next update on the Spring Into Action project party.



If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.



I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa

19 comments:

  1. Total fan of the oversized art work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG fan! :) Hope you're enjoying the break, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with oversized art! Love, love, love it. Enjoy your spring break, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one piece, and I love it. A little goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it! i love that it makes such a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of anything oversized so artwork hits my buttons! You've shown some wonderful examples.

    Enjoy your day!
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love oversized artwork Lisa! It really makes a traditional decor look more updated. Large art is captivating! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a close friend whose home is filled with beautiful oversized artwork, much of which she painted or created herself. Against her white walls, and her gorgeous pillows and textiles from Guatemala, her homeland, they make such a statement. I'd love to gather some over time. I think it takes confidence and an image that is classic to your taste so it will always fit in your home.

    Great post!

    Enjoy the rest of your spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Admire it,but don't know how it would look in my home. Beautiful none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big fan here as well - I haven't tried it in our home yet but I certainly would if I had the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look...but I'm a chicken. Maybe someday I'll be a big girl...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definitely a fan. There is nothing I love more than a neutral palette with fabulous oversized art - statement making!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a fan! I love it when it is done right and a little unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES! Definitely a huge fan of huge art, these are all great examples, I LOVE the pink Elizabeth Taylor..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a fan! And actively looking for something large to hang in our bedroom. Big art can be expensive, so I'll probably have to diy it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those black n white rose art is wonerfullllllll

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it depends on the space...but in these spaces, yup, they're marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so fun to look at!! too overpowering for me, but I like it when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't like empty walls, I am def artwork fan. great example Lisa.
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete