Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Favorite Thing and Decorating a Teenage Room

Isabel's room has been gradually coming together. The color on the walls went from Benjamin Moore's Cotton Candy to Behr's Premium Ultra Plus in Harmonious - a calming medium blue which was a joint decision after we tried three swatches in similar toned blues on the wall. 

We thought this color together with orange tones would be a perfect color palette for a (then) soon-to-be teen. Relaxing yet fun and modern.

After searching for some months I came upon the Eva Rug from Ballard Designs. With the warmth of a wool rug but actually made of polypropylene this rug is easily maintained and stain resistant and perfect for such a room. I loved the damask pattern and color online and ordered a sample before ordering the item itself in a 5' x 8.' It is so soft underfoot and we love it in the room. It has a vibrant color with a few streaks of red in it.

It fast became a favorite thing and I am so happy I bought it. She will grow with this rug and it can subsequently be used in any number of spaces; it is so versatile because of its pattern and coloration. It adds a perfect pop of color.
 
Can you catch some of the red in it?

I also ordered curtains from Saffron Marigold in Morning Dew for the room.
Morning Dew ~ Fabric Swatch

These look amazing; another favorite item. Do you like the choices so far? I will share pictures with you soon so stay tuned.
If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa

12 comments:

  1. I love your choices so far! Especially that gorgeous rug! Can't wait to see pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is some wonderful fabric, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa....that is starting to look gorgeous! That rug is perfect, we could not have picked a better one, and with that blue on the walls, its going to look lovely. Do send us pics when its done, so we can share! ~ Kamini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices Lisa. It's going to look beautiful! The polypro rug sounds like a good pick too. I might have to look into one for my daughter's room too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your choices are going to loo great together. I'll bet you are excited to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I love your color combination...it's my biggest weakness. It usually takes me weeks to combine colors. Great color choice, I can tell you're going to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I love this! The rug is gorgeous. I've been hunting around for a while for a rug for our living room, and I'm telling you patience pays off once you find the right one and this one is IT! Great curtains too - looking forward to seeing it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally envision that wall paint color with the pretty rug and gorgeous curtains! Great selections!

    By the way, don't forget to enter the fabulous giveaway I am currently hosting. Enter for a chance to win a designer beach umbrella from Cocopani Australia (valued at $110)!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE blue and orange together! This is going to be fabulous! That rug is gorgeous and so are the curtains. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Global, gorgeous, sophisticated combo for a teen's room, I'll bet she is one excited girl!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, those curtains are so amazing! I love the pattern and colors on them! Exactly the right amount of orange! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving the orange and blue together! Those curtains pull it all together! Please share the after pics!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete