home about portfolio shop decorating services contact

Monday, October 17, 2011

Vintage Shopping at Cottage & Vine

Many of you should be familiar with Cottage & Vine, one of my favorite blogs to visit. René is a talented decorator and always has an interesting post on her blog, sharing many decor-related ideas as well as introducing her readers to other blogs. Over the summer, not long after discovering her blog, I visited her shop on Etsy, also named Cottage & Vine which she began as a result of her love for old things. All the vintage items are hand-picked by René, herself. Here are a handful of items that would add special interest to any room in your home, whether you would like to add to a growing collection of interesting plates, are looking for a unique brass decorative piece or are looking to start a milk glass collection, perhaps.

Pair of Vintage Brass Swans
Vintage Brass Swans, pair

Vintage Glass Dog Paperweight
Vintage Glass Dog Paper Weight

Vintage Jade Green Planter
Vintage Jade Green Planter

Vintage Porsgrund Spoon Rest
Vintage Porsgrund Spoon Rest

Vintage Patriotic Plate
Vintage Patriotic Plate
Vintage Patriotic Plate

Vintage Hand-Painted Leaf Platter
Vintage Leaf Hand Painted Leaf Platter

Vintage Hanging Book Rack
Vintage Hanging Book Rack


Vintage Brass Box
Vintage Brass Box

Vintage Milk Glass Egg Shaped Bowl
Vintage Milk Glass Egg Shaped Bowl

Vintage Swedish Pitcher by Upsala Ekeby
Vintage Swedish Pitcher by Upsala Ekeby

The brass swans are quite adorable and the planter has a stunning color. I am thinking I might want to add the spoon rest to my growing collection of blue-and-white china. The hanging book rack would be perfect in a kid's bedroom or playroom. And yes, the leaf platter captures the colors of the season but I could see it in use the whole year through. Do you have any favorites? If you have not already, hop on over to the Cottage and Vine shop on Etsy, you never know what you might find. This week I shall share with you some of my own Cottage & Vine purchases which I am enjoying very much.

Please Note: I have not been compensated in any way by the owner of this shop. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely mine and are based on my experience with the shop and on my purchase of products.

 
If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa