home about portfolio shop decorating services contact

Friday, October 14, 2011

1001 Vintage - A Favorite Shop on Etsy

Over the summer I discovered 1001 Vintage, a shop on Etsy, based in Amsterdam and Madrid. Collectively, these items are the discovery of vintage art, design and interior decor enthusiasts.  I fast became a fan of this shop and their collection of exquisite pieces and I find myself occasionally window-shopping on the site and yes, I did cave and purchase two gorgeous artifacts. I wanted to share with you just a few of their items. They are intriguing because of their color or texture, or an interesting shape, each one reminiscent of the period they were crafted in. Take a look.

Modernist Glass Bowl - Holmegaard
Modernist Glass Bowl - Holmegaard

Mid-Century Danish Lamp - Michael Andersen
Mid Century Danish Lamp - Michael Andersen

Modernist Dutch Vase - Studio Pottery '70s
Modernist Dutch Vase - Studio Pottery 70s
Weidmann Porcelain Italy Floral Design '60s
Weidmann Porcelain Italy Floral Design  60s

Tall Dutch Vase - Joe Stroes for Mobach '80s
Tall Dutch Vase - Joke Stroes for Mobach  80s

Mid Century Orange Vase
Mid Century Orange Vase

Pair of '70s Italian Decanters
Pair of Italian Decanters

Royal Copenhagen Bowl - Nils Thorsson
Royal Copenhagen Bowl - Nils Thorsson

'70s Hand Blown Glass Lamp - Glashütte Limburg
70s Hand Blown Glass Lamp - Glashütte Limburg

Bohemian Op Art Vase - Sklo Union
Bohemian Op Art Vase - Sklo Union

Italian Modern 'Cube' Vase - Bertoncello
Italian Modern 'Cube' Vase - Bertoncello

Iittala Festivo Candle Holder
Iittala Festivo Candle Holder

Riihimaki Lasi Oy Vase by Tamara Aladin '70s
Riihimaki Lasi Oy Vase by Tamara Aladin 70s -

Vintage Scandinavian Ceramic Decanter
Vintage Scandinavian Ceramic Decanter

Green Art Glass Bag Vase
Green Art Glass Bag Vase - 80s

Dumler & Breiden Pitcher '60s
Dumler & Breiden Pitcher 60s

These are some of my favorites. Could you pick any favorites? The decanter is quite unusual as well as the striped pitcher (above) and the candle holder reminds me of crushed ice. These pieces would look good just on their own without taking into account the utilitarian aspect. To see more of their collection of beautifully crafted pieces visit 1001 Vintage on Etsy.

Like I said, I did buy a couple of items for my home over the summer. One is on my mantle, which I will share with you next week. It was scheduled for today but instead I decided it would be a good idea to do a post on 1001 Vintage first.

Please Note: I have not been compensated in any way by the owners of this shop. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely mine and are based on my experience with the purchase of products.

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa