Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Adding to the Dining Room Curtains

It turns out the dining room curtains I purchased are a little short of the (minimum 84" length) I wanted. There is not much of a hem to work with to add length to them so I decided to add a decorative trim.
 
I shopped around online and found this pretty and elegant trim. I loved the design.
 
 
 
 
This should hopefully be the solution. I will have them added to the base of the curtains. It looks stunning against them.
 
 
 
 
 
Today is the first day of school for us - first year of middle school for my youngest and freshman year of high school for my older daughter. They are both extremely excited - a wonderful thing!
 
If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.
 
I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.

 
 


9 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect accent! Good luck to your girls and their new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the trim, you are right it is stunning with the fabric! Fabulous fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! i love the drapey look of the trim- so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check this out! www.followimages.com If you like fashion and blogs, this is a perfect place for you! See & Share your photos and make your own advertisement and get your own statistics :) I hope you will like it, thanks for your time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That trim is absolutely gorgeous! And such a smart solution! I probably would've just scrapped the whole thing and been frustrated (c: I *cannot* believe you have a freshman in high school, that is crazy! Time definitely flies when it comes to the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's definitely going to add a lot of glam to your dining room! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glamorous, it looks beautiful with the draperies! What a great idea rather than adding a section of fabric! Hope you enjoyed the summer with your girls, they grow up WAY too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that is a great idea! I can't wait to see the finished product! I love that fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! Your post is an excellent example of why I keep coming back to read your excellent quality content that is forever updated

    ReplyDelete