Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ethan Allen Chairs - Favorites

On a week when forces of nature took us by surprise (East Coast earthquake) and could potentially cause severe damage (hurricane Irene) I look to the comforts within the home.

This pair of chairs from Ethan Allen (named Corsica; no longer available) are some other favorite pieces in the house. I purchased them some years ago and found this amazing chinoiserie-inspired fabric (also no longer available) at the same time.

  

The coral-toned birds are so beautiful against the gold (described as "clay"). I absolutely loved the combination then and have not tired of this delicate pattern. It will take a really special fabric to replace this one come the day that I have to reupholster these chairs.


I love the elegance of the chair together with the obvious comfort (upholstered back and sizeable seat, 24"D x 27"W in front). It looks good and it feels good.

 Do you have a favorite item that has served you well for many years or one you would not want to change?

On another note..I was crowned today thanks to my kids' artwork..check it out at La-Dee-Da Creations!

diva thursday    Diva Thursday: Who will be crowned this week?

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting crowned! The fabric you picked for your chairs is very unique and very beautiful!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scrolled arms of those chairs - very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I was also crowned a diva for my wingback chair! Congrats! I love the chair! Hope you all are safe during the crazy weather!

    Tiffany {Living Savvy}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally see why you're a fan of these chairs - they're so classic. Gorgeous!

    I LOVE it when I find something that I know I'll be happy with in ten or twenty years time. I'm guessing that's how you feel about these!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei best online blogshop for wholesale & supply korean add-ons, accessories, earstuds,
    locket, rings, trinket, hair & bangle accessories.
    Promotion 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
    Also visit my web site Baby Onesies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here now and
    would just like to say cheers for a fantastic post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the
    theme/design), I don’t have time to browse
    it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a
    great deal more, Please do keep up the great work.
    Take a look at my web blog : Oregon mortgage help

    ReplyDelete
  7. Piece of writing writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with
    afterward you can write otherwise it is complex to write.
    My site ... Newscaller Radio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading through your blog posts.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over
    the same subjects? Thanks a ton!
    Feel free to visit my webpage :: Muscle Building

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is in reality a great and helpful piece of info. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
    Also visit my blog post - Full Survey

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are a gaggle of volunteers and opening a brand
    new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on.
    You have done a formidable task and our whole community
    might be grateful to you.
    Here is my site :: Ecommerce consulting

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for samsung cellular phones

    Review my homepage - ironmaster adjustable dumbbells

    ReplyDelete
  12. Attractive element of content. I simply stumbled upon
    your site and in accession capital to say that I get in fact loved
    account your blog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I success you get admission to persistently rapidly.

    Here is my webpage :: Home Business Owner

    ReplyDelete