Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Decorating for the holidays - a glimpse of the mantle

I feel like I am way behind in my decorating for the Christmas season this year. This past weekend we bought the tree and the kids put in the lights after I explained a technique I have used for years - they are in training :). And then they hung most of the ornaments themselves. 
Meanwhile, I tackled the mantle. One could be really creative here, choosing to go bold, colorful, simple, organic or vintage. I try to change things around every year.

I went with a traditional Christmas color scheme using items I have owned for at least a year. It is definitely colorful, festive and whimsical and it was truly organic in that it just evolved. Here is a glimpse of it.


The rest I will share with you on Monday. 
But I would like to remind you of what I did last year.







Another glimpse of this year's mantle.

Please do stop by on Monday, Dec 16th, when I will share what I have done with the mantle this year for Christmas.

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often. 

4 comments:

  1. Your Christmas mantle from last year looks so pretty, Lisa! I love the paneling on that wall too. That is such a nice detail. Hope you are having fun decorating your home for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it all Lisa!!!! Love the decals you placed last year on your mantle and all the Christmas whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage milk glass and holly. So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your presentation is very nice. Congratulation for that publication. If lot more idea about it please visit http://www.thewallartmag.com.

    ReplyDelete