Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Artistic Spiral Staircases

Fall has come early. With back-to-school and other activities, my work and projects and some studying (all me) and now the kids sick with different ailments, I have fallen a little behind with my posts.

Here are some spiral staircases which are works of art. All quite amazing but I would question the functionality of a couple. Perhaps they are meant to be just art.

A focal point, centered in this space.
This modern and minimalist spiral staircase Amazing Spiral Staircase Design Ideas for Small Space House

Space-saving design. I love the pop of color, too.
Beautiful Unusual Cool Space Saving Staircase Design1 463x600 Amazing Spiral Staircase Design Ideas for Small Space House

Beautifully done in metal.
Translucent stair tower knits together two floors 450x600 Amazing Spiral Staircase Design Ideas for Small Space House

An interesting creation. To me it almost mimics the spine of a prehistoric animal because of some aspect of the curve and to some degree the shape of the treads - does anyone else get that? I could almost envision this on display in the Museum of Natural History. The treads look like they could be slippery with almost invisible handrails.
Wooden steps and steel railings stairs design produces a truly beautiful and unique look 493x600 Amazing Spiral Staircase Design Ideas for Small Space House

I love the effect of the light within this sweeping staircase.
Spiral staircase not only connects two floors Amazing Spiral Staircase Design Ideas for Small Space House

This work of art can be enjoyed on  two levels.
Albini Fontanot Stairs Design made by Wood Amazing Spiral Staircase Design Ideas for Small Space House

Modern and decorative.
Great decorative solution for any modern interior stairs 461x600 Amazing Spiral Staircase Design Ideas for Small Space House

Minimalistic. A barely-there staircase.
Curved spiral staircase minimalist design Amazing Spiral Staircase Design Ideas for Small Space House
Interesting combination of materials - feels rustic yet contemporary.
Curved oversized staircase is the main communications stairs 450x600 Amazing Spiral Staircase Design Ideas for Small Space House

This one seems suspended in the air. I think this one is really meant to be a form of art. The treads do  not seem functional to me. What do you think?
Great decorative staircase produced by Edilco Amazing Spiral Staircase Design Ideas for Small Space House
 All images via

I think my favorites would be the first one and the sweeping one with the amazing light. Which one would you pick?

If you require any help with Interior Decorating please click on the tab at the top of my page marked 'Services' or click here for further details.

I would love for you to leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by; please do check back often.
Lisa

24 comments:

  1. I am loving the animal spine staircase. Great analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big sweeping spiral staircases are so beautiful. I like the animal spine too! That last one must be pure art. I can't see it being functional all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the first two commenters, I love the 'animal spine' staircase, too! It looks very artistic and sculptural, a real work of art! The rest are beautiful, too.

    P/S: Thanks for participating in my giveaway! Good luck, Lisa!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are completely amazing and truly works of art...I had forgotten how much I love a good spiral staircase! They are just so beautifully shaped and graceful...now if I'm being honest with myself, I don't actually want them in my *own* house...but gosh, do I *LOVE* looking at them! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even as a little girl, I've always loved and wanted a spiral staircase. A friend of mine growing up had one in their home and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a great spiral staircase...so artistic and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have a spiral staircase in our home. Thanks for stopping by the blog the other day, I'm enjoying catching up on all your posts I've missed this week! Those baths are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Here is my site ... Highly recommended Reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I am so thrilled I found your web site, I really found you by
    mistake, while I was researching on Digg for something
    else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a
    incredible post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it
    and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please
    do keep up the superb work.

    Feel free to surf to my page Full Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding
    your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about
    this website with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

    my blog post: auto insurance sacramento

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a very easy
    on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Exceptional work!

    Also visit my weblog :: Suggested Looking at

    ReplyDelete
  12. With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation?

    My website has a lot of unique content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any methods to help stop content from being ripped off? I'd really appreciate it.


    Feel free to surf to my site: Full Document

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

    Also visit my web page; http://www.asine.com.co/index.php?option=com_blog&view=comments&pid=48133&Itemid=0

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there! I just noticed your website: Blogger:
    A Room with A View when I was surfing around delicious.com.
    It looks as though someone appreciated your website so much they decided to bookmark
    it. I'll undoubtedly be returning here more often.

    Feel free to surf to my blog :: Recommended Reading

    ReplyDelete
  15. Appreciating the hard work you put into your site and in depth information you
    provide. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the
    same old rehashed material. Fantastic read!

    I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS
    feeds to my Google account.

    Stop by my website ... Get More Info

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no data backup.

    Do you have any solutions to protect against hackers?

    Also visit my blog link building company

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi. I was thinking of adding a backlink back to your blog since both
    of our web sites are based around the same subject. Would
    you prefer I link to you using your website address: http://www.
    blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4125670391210132720&postID=949919026502759968 or web site title:
    Blogger: A Room with A View. Be sure to let me know at your earliest convenience.
    Thanks!

    Also visit my blog post: link building service (http://spankingnexus.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Doh! I was domain searching at namecheap.com and went to
    type in the domain name: http://www.blogger.com/comment.
    g?blogID=4125670391210132720&postID=949919026502759968
    and guess who already purchased it? You did! haha j/k. I was about to purchase this domain name
    but realized it had been taken so I figured I'd come check it out. Nice blog!

    my homepage Get the facts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Superb choice of colors!

    my web page; increase backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have gone ahead and included a backlink back to your
    webpage from one of my clients requesting it. We have used your site URL: http://www.
    blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4125670391210132720&postID=949919026502759968
    and blog title: Blogger: A Room with A View to make certain you get the correct anchor text.
    If you woud like to check out where your website link has been placed, please e mail me
    at: wilmer_gresham@googlemail.com. Thanks!

    Also visit my weblog: cheap auto insurance in virginia

    ReplyDelete
  21. With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation?
    My website has a lot of completely unique content I've either created myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any ways to help protect against content from being ripped off? I'd really
    appreciate it.

    my blog post ... do follow backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any tips?

    Also visit my web page: I Need Backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful website you have here but I was curious about if
    you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article?
    I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get feedback from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Many thanks!

    Review my site: optimization seo services

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey there your web site url: http://www.blogger.
    com/comment.g?blogID=4125670391210132720&postID=949919026502759968 seems to be redirecting to a completely different internet site when
    I click the homepage link. You may want to have this checked.


    Here is my website - best seo company

    ReplyDelete